Welcome to Family Dynamics (formerly known as The Family Centre of Winnipeg).
We are an accredited not-for-profit, community-based agency registered as a charity and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We are dedicated to strengthening families and building healthy supportive communities. We provide a variety of programs and services for more than Winnipeg 6,000 families each year.
Our services are available to all Winnipeggers regardless of social or economic circumstances. Most services are delivered in the community in client homes, schools, child care centres and subsidized housing communities.
Our vision is “Healthy families and strong communities”.
Our mission is to bring programs, partnerships and resources together to empower and strengthen families and communities.
Our guiding philosophy is:
- To free and foster the strengths, abilities and assets of individuals, families,
- organizations and communities.
- To build on existing capacities and competencies.
- To not only see things as they are, but as they can be.
- We value and recognize the family as the cornerstone of society.
- We value the multifaceted structure of the family.
- We value strength-based approaches that preserve and enhance the dignity of all persons.
- We value and support the process of advocacy as it relates to family issues.
- We value the principles of respect, trust, equitable treatment, confidentiality and empowerment of all individuals.
- We value all people regardless of cultural, ethnic, religious, racial background, sexual orientation, age, gender, socio-economic status, state of health or level of ability.
- We value programming that is culturally sensitive and multi-disciplined in approach.
- We value diversity in clients, community and staff.
- We value equitable access to community services.
- We value and support systemic change as it relates to community development.
- We value commitment to personal and professional growth.
- We value an elected, voluntary Board of Directors that is sovereign and representative of the community.
- We value a Board of Directors, staff and management that foster the development of outcome based policies and practices.