The cornerstone of Family Dynamics is confidentiality; protecting the privacy and dignity of all clients using our services.
Family Dynamics ensures that all individuals receiving service will be assured of this protection, unless otherwise mandated by law.
Family Dynamics employees, students, volunteers and contractors:
- Are required to sign a commitment to confidentiality
- Are expected to treat these policies as a matter of the highest priority
- Are required to be proactive in insuring the security of all materials pertaining to clients
- Will only release information about a client if the client has voluntarily signed a release of confidential information form which specifies:
- What information is to be released
- Who is to receive the information
- The period of time the authorization is in effect
- Information about clients may be shared by workers within Family Dynamics in so much that the sharing is for the purpose of providing quality service to the client.
Limitations on Client Rights:
- Information must be shared with other agencies when mandated by law.
- Under the Child and Family Services Act – related to protecting children from neglect or abuse
- Under the Mental Health Act – when there is reason to believe there is danger of harm to self or others
- If compelled to testify by Court Order