Family Dynamics is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and the personal information collected, used or disclosed about these individuals.
All information entrusted to the agency is treated with utmost confidentiality and respect for privacy. In keeping with the principles of the Personal Information and Privacy Act and the Agency’s Client Confidentiality Policy, Family Dynamics will:
- Identify the purpose for collecting information
- Only use personally identifiable information for purposes of service delivery unless specific consent is received
- Not release information without prior written consent except in situations where other laws take precedent
- Collect only the information necessary to provide the services of the agency
- Maintain as accurate and up to date information as possible
- Limit the time that information is kept on file
- Employ a variety of safeguards to ensure the privacy of information
- Make policies and procedures available to staff and clients
- Provide individuals with access to private information maintained about them. As all files must be reviewed to insure no third party information is found in files, a waiting period for access to information will apply.
The Executive Director
C/O Family Dynamics
401-393 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3H6
Phone: (204) 947-1401
All clients, employees, students, volunteers, donors, contractors and board members are expected to comply with this policy.