Our vision is “Healthy families and strong communities”.
Our mission is to bring programs, partnerships and resources together to empower and strengthen families and communities.
Our guiding philosophy is:
- To free and foster the strengths, abilities and assets of individuals, families,
- organizations and communities.
- To build on existing capacities and competencies.
- To not only see things as they are, but as they can be.
- We value and recognize the family as the cornerstone of society.
- We value the multifaceted structure of the family.
- We value strength-based approaches that preserve and enhance the dignity of all persons.
- We value and support the process of advocacy as it relates to family issues.
- We value the principles of respect, trust, equitable treatment, confidentiality and empowerment of all individuals.
- We value all people regardless of cultural, ethnic, religious, racial background, sexual orientation, age, gender, socio-economic status, state of health or level of ability.
- We value programming that is culturally sensitive and multi-disciplined in approach.
- We value diversity in clients, community and staff.
- We value equitable access to community services.
- We value and support systemic change as it relates to community development.
- We value commitment to personal and professional growth.
- We value an elected, voluntary Board of Directors that is sovereign and representative of the community.
- We value a Board of Directors, staff and management that foster the development of outcome based policies and practices.