Our Parent Coach Program provides home-based support for families who want to improve their parenting and/or home management skills.
Parents identify the areas they want to focus on and, through weekly visits, the Parent Coach works alongside the parent to provide the information and resources needed to improve parenting knowledge and skills.
The goals of the program are to:
- encourage the development of positive parenting practices
- build communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- develop and understand realistic expectations of children’s development and temperament
- support your need to take care of yourself and your home
- provide consistent encouragement, mentoring and positive reinforcement to increase your confidence as a parent and improve the quality of the relationship between you and your children
While in the program you will receive ongoing professional support from the Clinical Supervisor through regular assessment and case management.
“Family Dynamics and my Clinical Supervisor have been very helpful in helping me with issues I am having with my family. I look forward to learning new information and strategies to help me as a parent.” – anonymous client
“Family Dynamics is an amazing asset to Winnipeg. Thank you for all you have done for my family. I just wish I had found you sooner.” – anonymous client
How to apply
Call our Family Support Intake Coordinator at 204-947-1401 from Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
All fees are based on a sliding scale which takes into account your income and your family size. If financial stress is an issue for you, thanks to financial support from the Province of Manitoba, fees may be reduced or waived.
Manitoba Family Services and Labour