Who we are
The Parent Coach Program is a short-term home-based support for families who want to strengthen their parenting and/or home management skills. To qualify, parents must have children living in the home between the ages of 0 to 18 years.
A Parent Coach can help you to:
– Build a stronger relationship with your child
– Learn more about your child’s developmental level
– Learn strategies to guide and support your child’s behaviour
– Build communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
– Increase your budgeting and home organization skills
– Support your need to take care of yourself and your home
– Connect with resources in your community
Any family with a goal for learning is welcome to apply for Parent Coach Support. The program is voluntary.
Once you have completed the intake process. Your name will be placed on a waitlist and a Coordinator will be assigned to you.
Once a Parent Coach is available, the Parent Coach will visit you at your home each week for 2 hours to support you to achieve your goals.
The length of support provided is dependent on your goals and active engagement with the Parent Coach. Most families have their needs met within 3-6 months of service.
Our coaches provide consistent encouragement, mentoring and support to increase your confidence as a parent and improve the quality of the relationship between you and your child(ren).
While in the program you will receive ongoing professional support from a parent coach coordinator through regular assessment and case management.
To register for this program or find out more information, please call the Intake Coordinator at 204-594-4310 from Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Cost – Hourly fee for this service is based on a sliding scale, starting at $0.